Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
In as little as 48 hours, mold growth can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, such as a roof leak, leaking water line, or flooding situation. In the Panhandle of Florida, extensive periods of rain, unexpected storms, and humidity can easily compound this issue. Not only is mold growth unsightly in your home or business, it can cause health effects for you, your family and employees, as well as cause significant damage to the structure of your property. SERVPRO of Bay County has the training, expertise, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (850) 785-1077
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Bay County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Bay County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Panama City
- Lynn Haven
- Upper Grand Lagoon
- Bideawee Beach
- Carillon Beach
- Laguna Beach
- Biltmore Beach
- Lower Grand Lagoon
- Tyndall Air Force Base
- Mexico Beach